“Television is by nature the dominator drug par excellence. Control of content, uniformity of content and repeatability of content makes it inevitably a tool of coercion, brainwashing, and manipulation.”
– Terence McKenna
Questions to consider
- In what ways is screen-based S.H.E.O. a force that is anti-chaos?
- What is the difference in impact between an emotional emanation from a crowd and one from an individual?
- +/- being strongly connected to S.H.E.O. as an individual and as a collective.
- Is civilization unconsciously perpetuating a non-linear, channel flick reality where subjects overtake each other in increasingly rapid fashion?
- Does this reality, via reduction of attention span, negate consistent, meaningful engagement with the world?
- What actions can someone take to limit their connection to S.H.E.O?