MD’ing 9/11: A List of Perspectives
1. Pop Culture (Pre)
- Manifestation of pop culture meme of skyscraper destruction as seen in various movies.
- Personally resonant symbolic dream imagery: Leviathan by Simon Bogojevic Narath (2006)
- Time Loop Theory
- Stargate Mega-ritual: The 9/11 Stargate by Jake Kotze (2007)
4. Emotional Engineering
- 9/11 as an emotional response provoking codeword. South Park S06E12: A Ladder to Heaven (2002)
- Opposing cultural libidinal will’s: Flesh by Edouard Salier (2005)
- Cultural castration: Psycho-sexual reframing of growth in response to demand in society.
- Self and culturally perceived political and moral questions. World Trade?
- Government policy: What Barry Says by Knife Party (2004)
“The thing about 9/11 is that it’s kind of an artwork in its own right. It was wicked, but it was devised in this way for this kind of impact. It was devised visually.”
– Damien Hirst (2002)
“What has happened is – now you all have to turn your brains around – the greatest work of art there has ever been. That minds could achieve something in one act, which we in music cannot even dream of, that people rehearse like crazy for ten years, totally fanatically for one concert, and then die. This is the greatest possible work of art in the entire cosmos. Imagine what happened there. There are people who are so concentrated on one performance, and then 5000 people are chased into the Afterlife, in one moment. This I could not do. Compared to this, we are nothing as composers… Imagine this, that I could create a work of art now and you all were not only surprised, but you would fall down immediately, you would be dead and you would be reborn, because it is simply too insane. Some artists also try to cross the boundaries of what could ever be possible or imagined, to wake us up, to open another world for us.”
– Karlheinz Stockhausen (2001)
“9/11 was not an inside job, in the way many researchers conceive of it. Neither was it executed by 19 Arab hijackers. It was something else altogether. It is a wonderful marker for an individual’s preparedness to change. It is staggering how many intelligent people have never properly looked into it for themselves. It’s a lot of work, yes, but 9/11 is the most significant event in contemporary official history. Yet people don’t give a shit. One reason being, that the truth of what happened that day is inherently otherworldly. And people feel it. Eerie. So those who have made heavy psychological investments in the systems of Empire cannot face 9/11. It’s way too unsettling… It involves powers that are not recognized in the mainstream view of reality.”
– Neil Kramer (2014)
- A sum; 9 divided by 11 equalling 0.81818181… signifying infinite jest.
- A sequence; Ten being the missing number. Consider the hidden symbol found in the 1 to 10 sequence.
10. Cultural Logic
- 2996 fatalities from 9/11
- 1833 fatalities from Hurricane Katrina
- 3516 average monthly motor vehicle fatalities in 2001
11. Pop Culture (Post)